Spirulina shots in Playa del Carmen and Tulum
Spirulina means ‘little spiral”. It is a microscopic spiral shaped plankton blue green algae that grows in freshwater. It is one of the most talked about superfoods today and is grown around the world from Mexico to Africa. It is known for it’s intense flavor and incredible nutrient profile. A simple hydrocarbon vegetable created directly from photosynthesis from the interaction of sunlight and water. Spirulina is absolutely full of nutrition, rich in vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, iron, and omega-6 acids.
Did you know NASA has spirulina as a dietary supplement for astronauts on space missions or that spirulina was declared by the U.N. as the best food of the future?
• Complete source of protein - 1 Tbsp contains 7 grams of protein
• Unlike almost all other plant foods, spirulina is a great source of vitamin B12
• Spirulina is high in beta carotene
• High concentrations of Phycocyanin, a powerful anti-inflammatory that benefits immune systems weakened by toxic drugs
• Aid in a healthy heart, a diet rich in folate may help reduce depression, improve your heart & reduce your risk of cancer. 1 Tbsp of spirulina is equivalent to 110% of your daily folate
• 1 Tablespoon is full of fiber, improving your overall health, bowel health & blood sugar control. 1 Tbsp is contains 2 grams of your daily fiber
• Helps support wound healing & bone health and provides 50% of your daily vitamin K needs in just 1 Tbsp
• Reduces inflammation
• Improves metabolism levels.
Spirulina is rich in a special anti-inflammatory “super fat” GLA (gamma linolenic acid) to improve sensitivity to insulin, assist with weight loss & reduce blood pressure
Spirulina truly is the ultimate superfood. At Liquid Prana we know that great health starts from within, as the great Hippocrates once said, “Let food be thy medicine”.